6/19/08

Entrance

As I've told numerous people before, "If you want something, go for it in a way that'll hurt the least amount of people."

I say it that way because, unfortunately in our world, there will eventually be someone hurt by your actions, no matter how hard you try not to. Think about it, no matter how much you want something, there's someone else out there who wants it more. And if you attain such, you'll hurt that one person. It is a strength of their own character as to how they react to it.

At any rate, if you want something, then go for it. Work hard to attain what you want, and this is directed mostly at those too shy to try, or too insecure in their own abilities to believe they can.

If you don't believe you can, then work to get better. I'm not saying your belief is founded on actual fact, as there are many I know who don't believe they can sing when they can actually melt my heart when they don't think anyone's listening. But if you don't believe you're good enough, then work to get good enough. The line of stupidity is drawn when you don't believe you can ever get better, because the extent of human potential can never be reached. There's a reason we can give one-hundred-and-ten percent, and that's because we can push past our own limits to achieve phenomenal things.

So don't think you can't do something because you're shy or not good enough. Work your stuff out. You can get better.

This is my little motivational speech, and it's dedicated mostly to my friend (name withheld) for inspiring me. She is a source of much inspiration for me, and has honestly made a severe impact on my life and how I live it.

Thanks for everything.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Cavallaro said...

Nice pep talk. People need to hear things like this. We stop hearing that we can do anything once we reach highschool and are pretty much told that dreams are just dreams. When we stop believing we can DO ANYTHING, life becomes pretty bleak, but just hearing that we can...it does help. For me, at least.