4/9/08

The Universe Shall End

So I get a case of food poisoning today and am forced to stay home from school, despite me actually wanting to go, if only to avoid the inevitable huge pile of work awaiting me when I finally arrive at what I believe to be pretentious, boring, and slightly egotistical. When you only have this job in lieu of the fact that you can't do anything else and you need money, then you really have no right to be egotistical. And no, I'm not talking of the few teachers who actually enjoy teaching, because I actually had a few of those. To Mrs. Chalker, Mrs. Andrews, Mr. Ming, Mrs. Palmer, Mrs. Diver, Mr. Thomas, and Mr. Stanford, good job and keep going.

But then there are those inerrant jerk-offs who are so obviously bored with their subject that they end up being boring when they teach, causing me to lose interest and then having to work twice as hard just so I don't ditch the damn subject and end up just lazing around on my butt all day watching reruns of Full House.

There's something severely gratifying when calling out a teacher, especially if they have that infuriating "I'm always right and you never will be" attitude. Hell, I had a teacher who was so stupid, she actually said that to me. Actually, she said, "I'm always right and you're never wrong."

I got detention for calling her out on it and calling her a bunch of unkind names for not being nice to anyone in her class and not knowing the subject matter.

Keep in mind that I am not telling anyone to bitch out their teachers, because there are actually a lot of good teachers out there. But please, for the love of God, don't just sit there and take verbal abuse when it happens.

No comments: